Sunday, April 3, 2011

New Yarn and New Storage

Thanks to Craigslist I found the perfect solution to my yarn storage dilemma: An antique metal bookcase.

The previous owner said it originally belonged to her grandfather and she thought it was from the 1930's or 40's. It's sliding glass doors keep away the cats (and their fur), and unlike the plastic drawers I was using, it's much easier to see and grab what I'm looking for. It also came with a wood stand with caster wheels that her grandfather had built for it which makes it easy to move around if necessary.

And I couldn't have found it at a better time. After a trip to the Lebanon Flea market yesterday, I came away with nearly 30 skeins for 30 dollars (Willpower, what's that?). After assessing all the yarn I have now, I am amused, albeit not that surprised, at how many skeins of yarn I had squirreled away over the years. Now I just need to start assigning projects to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment